Violin Concerto by Sibelius and Beethoven's 7th Symphony
- 20:00 - 02:00
- Dzintari concert hall
- Turaidas iela 1, Dzintari
- Daniil Bulayev (violin)
- Latvian National Symphony Orchestra
- Conductor Kristīna Poska
- The Afternoon of a Faun by Claud Debussy
- Violin Concerto by Jean Sibelius
- 7th Symphony by Ludwig van Beethoven
- The 8th “Jurmala Festival” - the grandest musical event of the summer - takes place in Dzintari Concert Hall from 17 to 24 July with six wonderful concerts.
On 21 July, the Latvian National Symphony Orchestra will perform at the festival with Kristīne Poska, their current chief conductor, one of the most in-demand Estonian conductors in European operas and orchestras. With the brilliant violinist of the new generation Daniil Bulayev as the soloist. The programme will include Beethoven’s 7th Symphony - an opus rich with vitality and relentless affirmation of life. Richard Wagner called it the apotheosis of dance. We will also hear one of the impressionist trademarks - The Afternoon of a Faun by Claude Debussy. While Daniil Bulayev will perform the virtuoso Violin Concerto by Jean Sibelius, which is close to symphonies in its dramatic scope and depth. It is undoubtedly one of the most outstanding and frequently played examples of this genre.