Picnic spots in Jūrmala
Jūrmala is the ideal place for a family picnic in nature. Jūrmala offers unique and well-equipped places for picnics:
- There is a fire-pit with a table and benches at the lookout tower of Sloka Lake. To improve your appetite, you can go for a hike along the nature trail of Sloka Lake before the picnic.
- Jūrmala Open-Air Museum offers well-equipped campfire sites in the museum territory. This is a unique opportunity to spend time in nature, explore the museum’s exhibition and walk the forest trails of Ragakāpa Nature Park.
- There is a table and benches at the start of the Great Ķemeri Bog Boardwalk, but there is no fire-pit.
- Four picnic areas with picnic shelters, tables, benches, changing cubicles, bicycle racks, children’s playgrounds and volleyball courts are available on the banks of the Lielupe River: At the end of Dadžupe Street (Dubulti), at the end of Ezeru Street (Pumpuri), swimming place Priedaine at the end of Upmalas Street, rest area at the end of Plūdu Street.
- Porto Marine offers well-equipped picnic areas with shelters. Spend time with your family overlooking the Lielupe River and the marina. A playground is available for children. Coffee machines and toilet facilities are available for guests’ convenience.
- The Neptūns restaurant in Jaunķemeri offers picnic areas with fire-pits.
- The beach is one of the most popular picnic spots in Jūrmala. Grab your blankets, thermos, and basket and head to the seaside for sunset. On the 24 km of beach, you are sure to find a quiet spot for a picnic.
Remember - do not leave anything on the beach! Let’s protect our nature!