A A
75%
100%
125%
Kontrasts
Entrance fee for vehicles! Remember to buy Jūrmala entry pass from 01.04.2022.

Architecture

A Monument to Founders and Directors of Kemeri Resort

A Monument to Founders and Directors of Kemeri Resort

The monument launched in 1861 was devoted to founders and directors of Kemeri Resort (head physicians). Is located not far from the Islet of Love. Created as a tree trunk entwined by a snake. On the monument the names of the creators of the resort are listed, engraved in white plates. During its long time of existence, the limestone monument was transformed multiple times. The ...
More
Dwelling house – post office

Dwelling house – post office

Architectural monument of local importance. Building was constructed in 1897 according to the project of architect Victor Eplé. This is one of the rare historical stone buildings in Jurmala characterized by an asymmetric magnitude with the construction of the tower. During the time of Latvia free souvereign state there was set up a post and telegraph office in the ...
More
Dwelling house Jūras iela 2

Dwelling house Jūras iela 2

Built around year 1909 and counts as one of the richest in details and most monumental Neo-clacissism wooden building in terms of construction in Jurmala. The main façade reveals a medallion with a bas-relief of women’s portrait. The pictorial silhouette of the building is supplemented with pergolas of the terrace and columns
More
Dwelling house Jūras iela 6

Dwelling house Jūras iela 6

Built in 1913, a typical Art Noveau building with an extremly profound and expressive, assymetrical composition and a graceful small tower characteristic to the beginning of the 20th century, that is balancing the overall volume of the building. A rich array of decors of wooden carvings. The building is a monument of architecture.
More
Dzintari concert hall

Dzintari concert hall

One of the most significant cultural monuments offering a comprehensive program of culture with participation of local and foreign guest artists. In 1936 a closed type concert hall architected according to the projects of Alexander Birzenieks and Victor Mellenburg with 690 seats, the interior of which retaining  three separate paintinging - “Lielupe”, ...
More
Former sanatorium "Marienbāde"

Former sanatorium "Marienbāde"

The first sanatorium in Jurmala, built in 1870. During the World War II almost all the complex of buildings of sanatorium was destroyed that occupied multiple landplots of dunes on the border of towns Dubulti and Majori. The main building of the sanatorium has heavily suffered and in 1940s a three-storeyd stone building with elements of classicism was built instead of it. ...
More
Former Swimming Establishment of Emilija Racene

Former Swimming Establishment of Emilija Racene

The building was constructed in the beginning of the 20th century and saw its expansion in 1914, for he first time ever in this part of Jurmala offering various – warm sea water, carbonic acid, oxygen and pine-tree extract baths daily in summer, and winter time. Two-storeyd wooden building is characterized by a high plinth on the beach side and wooden carvings that ...
More
Hotel "Eiropa" building

Hotel "Eiropa" building

The central building of the hotel is built in the beginning of the 20th century as a pension (boarding house). A rich wooden carving is characteristic to the building – in window decorations, plank ends, ledges, silhouette cut staves in porch panels. There is one more historical building on the land plot where during the times of Latvia as an independent state stood a ...
More
Hotel "Majori"

Hotel "Majori"

Built in 1925 in a traditional historism style featured by neoclasicim and neo-baroque motives. The Arhitect Arthur Medlinger. Initially there were 100 rooms, four halls, terraces and a beautiful park with fountains around the building. In 30s of the 20th century there were held traditional jazz band concerts “Five o’clock tee dancing”. The hotel is currently ...
More
Hotel "Pegasa Pils"

Hotel "Pegasa Pils"

The building is constructed in the beginnig of the 20th century, unknown archictect. During the Soviet Times there was cardiology sanatorium of Janis Fabricius, later -sanatorium “Edinburga”. The building is renovated and elarged in 2003, currently with a hotel, café and a restaurant inside.
More
Hotel "Villa Joma"

Hotel "Villa Joma"

The first stage of the hotel building was constructed in 1896 as a private pension. During the Soviet times it was included in the corps of the rest house “Majori”. In 2001 according to the project of architect U. Senbergs there was performed the reconstruction of the building. 
More
Juras Street

Juras Street

Juras Street is the street closest to dunes in the town Majori. In the middle of the 19th century the area of Juras and Jomas Street was characterized by a strait and in a wet weather difficult to stroll through forest, but in the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century it turned to a district with summer cottages with beautiful gardens of wealthy people. ...
More
Kemeri Hotel

Kemeri Hotel

Built in 1936, an architect Eugene Laube. “The White Liner” or “The White Castle” as this hotel was called was one of the most magnificent and state-of-the-art hotels in Baltic countries, a tremendous edifice of Latvian sovereign times. It was built by employing the State funds and the total cost amounted to 2.5 mln of lats. The hydrotherapy rooms ...
More
Kemeri railway station

Kemeri railway station

The first building of the station was erected in year 1877 along with the opening event of the railway line “Riga - Tukums”.  In year 1911 a direct train traffic “Moscow - Kemeri” was launched, but in summer of year 1912 an electric streetcar line was launched from the railway station to the beach of Jaunkemeri, it operated until year 1915. After ...
More
Kemeri Resort Park

Kemeri Resort Park

The landscape park of Kemeri with a network of winding tracks along Versupite river was projected and 1839 started to develop by Karlis Heinrich Vagner, a gardener of Riga. The development and improvement of the part was continuous during the next hundred years. After the erection of Kemeri hotel in year 1936, a symmetrical parterre with lawns, flower plantations and alleys ...
More
Ķemeri Water Tower

Ķemeri Water Tower

Kemeri Water Tower is one of the historical sights in the renovated Kemeri Resort Park. The 42-meter high tower was built in 1929 and is a part of the industrial heritage of Latvia. After the renovation in 2021 the Water Tower was opened for visitors. Nowadays, apart from the main function of water supply, the tower is also a touristical sight. It is possible to explore ...
More
Kristaps Morberg’s Botanical Garden and Summer Cottage

Kristaps Morberg’s Botanical Garden and Summer Cottage

The building of the summer cottage is a national architectural monument, an excellent object of neogothic wooden architecture, built around 1883. It was built by a Latvian enterpreneur, maecenas Kristaps Morbergs. In the interior of the building there are preserved plafonds of painted ceilings, stained glass, stoves featuring round glazed polychrome relief tiles and a ...
More
Lielupe Railway Station

Lielupe Railway Station

In year 1913 the Lielupe railway station building was built with a purpose of servicing Buļļi manor crofters, fishermen and holidaymakers, as well for improvement and development of new summerhouses. Up to the year 1932 it carried a name “Buļļi”, as well as the neighbouring area. This is the one of the oldest Jūrmala wooden railway station buildings, that has been ...
More
Melluzi Open Air Stage Park

Melluzi Open Air Stage Park

The history of Melluži park and stage began in 1827, when Baron Karl von Fircks, the owner of the lands of Majori, Melluži and Asari, built a Resort Hall where dance nights and theatre performances took place. In 1880s a park with a small pavilion and a moderate-sized wooden stage was laid out here and open-air concerts were held on the stage. During World War I the spa house ...
More
Sea Pavillion

Sea Pavillion

Built in 1909 in the style of historism to be used for leisure activities and recreation for the guests of resort, architect Arthur Medlinger. One of the most prominent social centres for spending late evening hours and leisure time of the beginning of 20th century located in the dune areas. Pavillion offered restaurant and popular whirling dance floor. In the summer of 1929 ...
More
Sulphur Water Pavilion and Sulphur spring "The Little Lizard" ("Ķirzaciņa")

Sulphur Water Pavilion and Sulphur spring "The Little Lizard" ("Ķirzaciņa")

This is one of the most well-known Kemeri resort objects already since the 20th century. The arbour was built near the springs that was already the sixth sulphur springs discovered at the end of the 19th century in Kemeri. Currently they count for more than twenty. The Pavilion has not changed its appearance significantly, but the sculpture of lizard was created only in 1949 ...
More
The Emilija Benjamin House

The Emilija Benjamin House

The building was the private estate of the social lady and press publisher Emilija Benjamin, who was the richest person in pre-World War II Latvia. Built in 1939, the architect Lev Vitlin. The elegance of the building is improved by the natural stone plate panneling featuring also the traces of the World War II – unerasable darker areas as a requirement of air defense ...
More
The Islet of Love. (Mīlestības saliņa)

The Islet of Love. (Mīlestības saliņa)

One of the most exquisite objects of the Kemeri park can be found on an artificial island formed on the end of the small river Versupite (Vēršupīte). Already since the end of the 19th century there was a pavilion, richly decorated with wood carvings, that was demolished during the World War I. The stone rotunda performed in traditions of morn classicism was built in ...
More
Waker’s House

Waker’s House

Since 1870 there was a farm of the baker Shtegger; the place was used also as a market place, and a shop of Korovin was located here - he was the first one to get a trading licence, this was also a reason why street got its name – Traders’ street (Tirgoņu iela). In 1914, a 3 - storeyed stone house with a store, hotel, restaurant and a city bank was built there. In ...
More