The building was the private estate of the social lady and press publisher Emilija Benjamin, who was the richest person in pre-World War II Latvia. Built in 1939, the architect Lev Vitlin. The elegance of the building is improved by the natural stone plate panneling featuring also the traces of the World War II – unerasable darker areas as a requirement of air defense rules. After the World War for almost 50 years the residence of Benjamins served as a summer guest house for the authorities of the Soviet Union, but in 1995 the building was returned to the heirs of the proprietor. There are art treasures in the building that the most part of them are manufactured at the end of the 19th century – the beginning of the 20th century. The fence along Juras Street is the most exquisite metal fence in Jurmala that is made according to drawings of the architect Sergejs Antonovs and is included on the list of the art monuments of Jurmala.