/var/www/visitjurmala/templates/html/header.htm.inc on line 169
">

Translate

Use Google to translate the site. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the translation.
Entrance fee for vehicles! Remember to buy Jūrmala entry pass from February 1.

Waker’s House

Waker’s House

Since 1870 there was a farm of the baker Shtegger; the place was used also as a market place, and a shop of Korovin was located here - he was the first one to get a trading licence, this was also a reason why street got its name – Traders’ street (Tirgoņu iela). In 1914, a 3 - storeyed stone house with a store, hotel, restaurant and a city bank was built there. In 1930 there was “Majori hotel” of O.Gebauer, a restaurant and Riga Jurmala City Bank. In 1952, on the first floor a fish store was opened – the walls were decorated by paintings of Alexander Stankevics and decorative finishing of interior that was later supplemented with a fish pool. In 1999 the interior was covered, by arranging here a gaming room. The building is a monument of architecture. 

Closest objects

  • Jūrmala Globe More
  • Lokāls Veranda More
  • Stories apartments More
  • „Quest.lv” active urban games More